Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before using the “Website” (https://gis.sicc.org.sg) operated by The Singapore Island Country Club.
- This Website is owned and operated by The Singapore Island Country Club (SICC). SICC reserves an absolute right to maintain, update, modify, suspend and discontinue with this website without prior notice and without having to ascribe any reason.
- Any changes, updates or modifications will be posted on this page, and your use of this Website after such changes, updates or modifications have been posted will constitute your agreement to the modified Terms and Conditions of Use and all of the changes, updates or modifications. You are hereby advised and warned there may be a lapse of time in change and effect of posting. You should therefore read this page carefully each time you visit this website.
- Information on this Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to be used or relied on by anyone for any purpose (whether commercial or otherwise). SICC does not warrant the completeness, correctness, accuracy, timeliness, non-infringement, reliability, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any information provided on this SICC website.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The contents of this Website are protected by copyright, trademark and other form of intellectual property rights. All rights, titles and interest in the contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by SICC.
- Except as otherwise provided, the contents of this Website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified or otherwise distributed in any mode and manner without the prior written permission of SICC.
Access and Acceptance
- By accessing the Website, you unconditionally accept or shall be deemed to have accepted to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this Website.
- You further agree that you shall not in any circumstances hold SICC liable for any loss or damage or claim arising, whether directly or indirectly by you or by any person authorized by you, from
i. Any use of or access to this Website; or
ii. Any reliance on any information provided in this Website.
- SICC reserves an absolute right to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person or member, or to block access from a particular internet address to this Website at any time without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
- You shall promptly notify SICC of any known or suspected unauthorised use(s) of your Account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of your Password. You shall be solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Username and Password.
- You shall be responsible for all User Content, messages, and all online activity at the Website transmitted or conducted through the use of your Username and Password.
- SICC shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost, expenses, or liabilities arising as a result of or in connection with the wrongful or fraudulent use of your Username and Password.
You hereby undertake:
- to comply with these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, and such other notices or guidelines that may be posted on the Website by SICC from time to time (which are hereby incorporated by reference into these Website Conditions);
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, copyright law;
- to treat all users with respect and civility;
- not to annoy, pester, solicit, harass, threaten, offend, insult, abuse, defame, or injure any other users, or commit any unlawful or tortious acts against other users;
- not to harvest or otherwise collect information about users including email addresses, with SICC’s prior written consent;
- not to use any device, bots, scripts, software, programme or technical means which attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of the website or any transaction offered on this Website;
- not to use this Website in any way which interferes with its availability to other users;
- not to do anything that degrades the operational performance of this Website;
- not to hack into, interfere with, disrupt, disable, over-burden or otherwise impair the proper working of the Website or Services, which shall include but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks, spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing, tampering, reverse engineering or reprogramming;
- not to interfere with others’ use and enjoyment of this Website or gain an unfair advantage of others’ use and enjoyment of this Website; and
- not to use the Account of another Member at any time, whether with or without his/her permission.
Acceptable Use Policy
- You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
- You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of any of our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You may not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- SICC reserves all right to use, display and share with other government agencies your personal data furnished by you to this SICC website.
- This SICC website may be linked to or viewed by other internet sites and you agree that SICC shall not be held liable or responsible if your personal data in this SICC website is captured or used or displayed by other internet or non-government sites.
Limits of Responsibility
- The SICC may, from time to time and without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, suspend or discontinue the provision of or remove, whether in whole or in part, this Website or any Services and shall not be liable if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or removal prevents you from accessing this Website or any part of the Services. The SICC reserves the right, but shall not be obliged to:
- monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on the Website and/or through the Services. The SICC, in its sole and absolute discretion, may investigate any violation of the terms and conditions contained herein and may take any action it deems appropriate;
- prevent or restrict access of any user to the Website and/or the Services;
- report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities;
- in connection with your use of the Services, to request any information and data from you in connection with your use of the service at any time and to exercise its right under this paragraph if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if you provide or if the SICC has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data; and/or
You agree that the SICC may, at its sole and absolute discretion, deny you access to this Website or terminate your use of the Services (or any part thereof) for any reason, including without limitation, if the SICC believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with any terms or conditions set out herein, or if in the SICC’s opinion or the opinion of any regulatory authority, it is not suitable to continue providing the services relating to this Website.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
Last updated: 22/04/2022